operation 20 in 30: day 1

Monday, March 30, 2009

with summer quickly approaching there are a lot of things to be excited about: warm weather, shorts, walking outside, grilling etc. there is a small drawback though, with warm weather comes the need to do away with zip-up jackets and sweaters that hide my bulging love handles. This brings me to operation 20 in 30, my goal to drop 20 pounds in the next 30 days.

in a sad reality i stepped on the scale this morning and the numbers screamed back a glaring 250. this wouldn't be so bad if i was the starting tight end for the bears or in the heavyweight division for mixed martial arts. however with none of those being the case and my pants and shirts which are no longer comfortable (or wearable) i am forced to take serious action.

i have yet to decide the course of action to accomplish this. i may take advice from this dad and how he stays in shape or i might try this option. if you have any ideas feel free to pass them on.

actually i am hoping to grow in discipline and self control over the next thirty days and have it touch more aspects of my life then just food. i am thankful to the grace of God which will give me the strength to do this.

so if you see me eating some sort of crap that will only make me fatter and not thinner feel free to approach me and hit me in the face close fisted. i won't get upset with you, trust me. i need the accountability.

i will keep you posted. day 1 - 250 lbs.

0 comments:

 
hinger happenings