Thursday, March 5, 2009


Wow so it has been about a month since we brought Griffin home from the hospital.  There have been good days and there have been bad days.  Most of the bad days came in the beginning when he did a lot of crying which was hard to handle.  But little by little he adjusted to life at home and we have gotten to know him better.

Oh little Griffin is such a sweet blessing.  Right now he is doing really well.  We have taken him to the doctor quite a few times and each time they are pleasantly surprised with how well he is doing.  He is gaining weight like a champion which is awesome.  They keep telling us that "heart babies" normally don't gain weight easily, but he has already gained more than 3 pounds in this last month!!!  We are so proud of him.  We are so thankful that God has counted us worthy to be his mommy and daddy.  

Now we are just at the point of waiting for his next surgery, sometime this summer.  I was just thinking about it today and it was hard.  I know that with this next surgery and the one to follow he will be able to understand things more and more.  The thing I dread the most is after surgery when he will look at me with those hurting eyes, saying mommy why are you letting them hurt me!!  It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.  But then I remember that in my helplessness God will be right there holding my sweet Griffin when I can't.  God has been so good to us and I know that he loves my baby more than I could ever.  

Each day I am working on handing control over to the Lord.  It is easy to get consumed with worry and fear over the littlest things, which is exactly what God is working with me on.  I want to get to the point where I can find true rest in God, not in what others reassuring me with or the opinions of doctors but my faith and hope in my lord and saviour Jesus Christ.  He is in control and I want to keep it that way.  My how much my little Griffin has already taught me and he has only been a live for a month and a half.

Oh and another note, we just bought a house!!!  God is so good to us.  We have some fixing up to do so we won't move in until probably the end of the month, but we are so excited.  Please pray that we can have wisdom on what needs to be done and then finding the balance in time.  It is hard to get a lot done when we don't get a ton of sleep at night--the joys of the newborn!!  

We will put up pictures soon- well whenever I can figure out how to do it!!  Sorry it had been so long since an update, thanks for all the prayers.

We love you all!!




1 comments:

Samantha Barth said...

I was just on John's facebook page. Griffin looks AMAZING!!! I can't believe all that hair. Griffin is going to be absolutely fine. God has him right in the palm of His hand. Griffin may or may not remember this surgery or his next two surgeries, but, having had open heart surgery when I was 12 years old, I recommend always talking to him about his surgeries because of his scar. Since Griffin is so young, his scar may eventually disappear. I've come to see my scar as a badge of honor. I have been constantly praying for your family and I will continue praying for you. Walk in His Strength, Samantha Barth

 
hinger happenings