Major Prayer

Sunday, May 29, 2011


Ok so now that you are up to speed. We have this nasty fluid problem in Griffin's heart. The source of the fluid is from the gore tex tube that they placed in his heart during the last surgery. Apparently they have only had 2 or 3 cases like this in the past ten years. What happens is that fluid seeps out of the tube and fills the sack around the heart. Sometimes the fluid dries up on it's own and other times they need to surgically repair it.

We have been waiting the past two weeks for it to drain and clear up on it's own. However it hasn't exactly cooperated. If it doesn't show significant signs of improvement in the next couple days they will be doing surgery on Wednesday.

Surgery would entail them having to open his chest up again. Then, depending on how bad it is, either repairing the existing gore-tex tube or replacing it all together.

We really do not want him to have surgery again. Please join us in praying, fasting, interceding for this to be resolved. We will find out Monday morning if any fluid has re-accumulated around his heart and that will be a big sign of whether they do surgery or not.

Thank you for partnering with us through this.

3 comments:

Alison Blunk said...

Praying for all of you. I can't imagine all the pain that you are all going through. Reading all the updates brings tears to my eyes. Praying for God's strength and peace to surround you in this hard time.

Kim said...

Jon and Amber

what can we say. We will pray for Griffin and for you all. Our hearts break to hear all of this. I cannot imagine how you guys are doing with the new baby and all of these complications. I have never experienced anything like this in my life with a child. I wish I could hug you both and be with you. Please know that Kim and I will be joining you in prayer about the surgery and will follow closely the events of the next few days. You are precious to Jesus and so is Griffin. May He give you the grace needed to trust when none of this makes sense. May the God of hope give you peace as you trust Him. He is faithful. At a very low period in my life and ministry God gave me the words of Job, "Though he slays me, yet will I trust him" My prayer is that the presence of our Saviour and the comfort of the Holy Spirit and a profound sense of the power and love of the Father will be your portion tonight and tomorrow. Love from Kim and I

Katherine said...

with so many others- we are praying. hoping for good news. i know God is with little griffin right now.

 
hinger happenings