The Verdict

Monday, May 30, 2011

Well after being here in the hospital 18 out of the last 21 days trying to get fluid away from Griffin's heart the decision for surgical intervention is all but finalized.


Today we waited. We were told that he wouldn't have an echo today because of the holiday and only if it was an emergency would they have it done. Well this afternoon, his heart rate began to jump and after attempts to bring it down they decided to have the echo technicain come in and see if the high heart rate was caused by fluid around his heart. Sure enough there is a moderate to large effusion (fluid) that was seen by the technician. I am still waiting to hear from the cardiologist what the next steps will be. Will they need to remove the fluid before surgery or will they just closely monitor him until Wednesday morning? I should hear more in the hours ahead.

We are going to try and bring Flynn up to the hospital tomorrow so the brothers can meet and say hi before surgery.

I stumbled across this video as I was reading some blogs and it couldn't have been more timely and more clear about God's heart.



Oh and Eden got a tick in her hair today. Good times.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Powerful truths from John Piper...thanks for posting that video. My heart is aching with you at the thought of another surgery for Griffin and yet...God. He knows. So I continue to pray and pray for you all.

Janet said...

"My flesh and my heart may fail, BUT GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever....as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works."
~ Psalm 73:26 & 28

Kevin Russell said...

So sorry bro, this stinks! I'm asking God to show great favor on Griffins body this week. And for Him to increase Amber and yours faith and resolve alongside the anxiousness, frustration, and uncertainty. My heart is heavy for you here in Louisville, thanks for taking the time to keep everyone up to date, very gracious. Kevin

rickandcindymeyers said...

"You alone comfore me in all my affliction and you alone see my affliction and know the distress of my soul." We pray that God Almighty will wondrously show you his steadfast love as you are in this 'besieged city.'
2 Cor 1:4, Ps 31:7, Psalm 31:21
Continuing to pray.

 
hinger happenings