Griffin Update

Friday, April 8, 2011

amber giving him his first sips of water.

Griffin's heart function is great. The doctors are excited about his progress and say that he is on track with the recovery timeline. However, in the midst of his heart doing well he is in a bunch of pain and discomfort. From yesterday afternoon until now he was up coughing and screaming. Needless to say he didn't sleep much at all (and neither did I). He isn't interested in food at all which for him is a big deal. Food is always a motivation for Griffin, but he doesn't want anything. He is also on restricted fluids, so even though he is thirsty I can only give him little bits otherwise he might get fluid built up in his chest.

holding him for the first time

Thank you so much for your prayers. I had a moment last night of overwhelming emotion. I was trying to console Griffin as he was crying and nothing was working. So I started a slideshow of all our family pictures for him to watch. He wasn't interested, but it hit me hard as a father watching my son in pain and seeing pictures of my other children and missing them. It made me reflect on God the Father and it blows my mind to think of the depths of anguish He must have felt seeing his son suffer and die. It doesn't matter what we go through in life we have a Father who understands our hurt and pain and knows what is best for us. That is what i place my hope in.

Here is a clip of Griffin finally falling asleep this morning.

0 comments:

 
hinger happenings