John is Sick

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Well I got some good news this morning and some bad. I woke up to a sick husband this morning. We are calling the doctor to see if we can get some antibiotics because we think John has strep throat. Uhhh...I am not going to lie the thought of John not being at the hospital with me is hard to swallow. I know that I need to God's strength because I can't bare this weight alone. I just keep praying that John can start to see an improvement in the next day before we have surgery. Please pray that John will make a quick recovery as him being sick is really hard for both of us. And that God would give me strength to take on the day. I will be going with my mom to the hospital today and I just pray that there would be nothing major today. Also please pray that I can stay healthy.

With Griffin there was so great news. His chest x-ray came back totally clear. Thank you Jesus. I think God knew how much I could handle. So right now he is really stable. We should find out tomorrow morning when they are thinking of scheduling his surgery. We thought it might be Mon or Tues. but our nurses keep telling us they think it will be more like Wed. Now we just need to keep him healthy until then. It is hard because my first thought is I just want to rush the surgery as soon as possible, but then I have to bring myself back and know that God has the perfect day for him already mapped out. I have to rest in God's will and timing. I know that He loves Griffin so much more than I do. So please continue to pray that he would stay healthy and that surgery will come soon.

Thanks for all the encouragement and all the prayers. I can't tell you how much it means to us to know that people are praying for our sweet little baby.

Love you all.

1 comments:

Mike Berendt said...

John and Amber,

I don't know all the details, but we (Berendt's) are praying for you guys. Is there anyone on this blog page that can tell us how to help now or when Griffin comes home?

 
hinger happenings