Surgery...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We just wanted to let everyone know that Griffin's surgery has been scheduled for 7 o'clock tomorrow morning. The surgery comes with such mixed emotions. In one sense we are excited to have so that we can start on the road to recovery, but then on the other hand the thought of my baby having to be cut open devastates me. It is hard to even rap my mind around all the emotions that flood my head constantly. The only thing that I can stand firm on is knowing that God is truly in control and that he loves my baby more than I do and that even through all the pain and tears God has a perfect plan. I think that has been the only way I have been able to make it through is to know that God was the one who knitted his tiny heart together and He knew what was in store for him. And that God knew this was the best possible plan for his life and ours. God is faithful no matter what, that is the only thing that holds me up.


We are so thankful that Griffin has been stable these past few days. It is just so hard to see him with all the tubes. He also scowls and shakes a lot from the medicine that is saving his life. The nurses keep saying that he isn't in pain he is just miserable, wow to a mom miserable seems like pain. uhh... all the emotions set me over the edge at times.

Please pray as John is still not feeling much better. It has been hard on the both of us. John is so frustrated not being able to take care of us and not being able to see Griffin. And then for me it is just hard feeling all the weight of it myself. Today I have not being feeling the greatest either. My mom is going to go sit with Griffin for a few hours in my place. I can't tell you how hard that decision was for me. The thought of not being there as a mom pretty much shatters my heart. But I know that if I were to actually get sick I wouldn't be able to be there for tomorrow or the recovery afterwards. Uhhh...I feel like my head is spinning with emotions so it is hard to keep or express a clear thought. I apologize if this is scattered or doesn't make much sense, not a lot is making sense these days.

Thanks again for your prayers and encouragement. We will let you know after the surgery is all over. Please pray that John will be well enough to go see him before hand.

Love you all.




thanks Emily for setting this blog up for us!!!!

7 comments:

The Vanker Family said...

Amb, I love you! I am the proudest sister in the world. I still cannot believe the Lord has asked us to walk down such similar paths, but He will sustain us. I believe He has His mightiest angels holding Griffin. You will get through this and you will be o.k. Remember when we found out that Hudson was going to most likely die. You told me to fight for him and now I am telling you to continue on with the fight. You are much stronger than you think. Keep reminding yourself of the truth even when you don't believe it. He is good and He is kind. I love you Amb.
Kristi

Katherine said...

okay not that you asked for my opinion but i'll just put it out there anyway... i think you are doing a wise and good thing by sending your mom today to sit with griffin. take care of yourself as much as you can. you would totally tell me that, if the situation were reversed. you would tell me not to feel guilty about it either-- so don't you go feeling bad about that, amber!

there are my two cents:)

thanks for sending out updates. i know you are all over the place and scattered and probably updating everyone feels like another effort at times- so thanks for doing that. we all love you guys!

praying for griffin, particularly during his surgery.

Anonymous said...

Amber, my husband and I are friends of Donny and Kristi. I will keep this brief. We are praying and relate to the hardship you face with your baby being in pain and seeing the tubes coming from Griffin's body. I know what that is like and will be praying that your body returns to health quickly so you can be at your baby's side.

Julie Vanker said...

Dear John and Amber,
We will get your information out to as many people as possible so they might have the privilege to pray for your precious son! I encourage any readers to write to you on your blog as I remember how much it encouraged Don and Kristi during Hudson's transplant and the weeks that followed. Even if you (the blog readers) don't know the Hinger family please let them know that you prayed! Blessings to you all. Love Julie

Carolyn said...

We continue to pray for you all and that John will feel better, that Amber won't get sick, and now for this surgery scheduled tomorrow morning. May God uphold you and supply all your needs completely according to His riches in Christ Jesus and give you His strength when you are weak. We are thinking of you constantly. Blessings, Carolyn

carol schuldt said...

Amber and John,

May God give you peace and restore Griffin and you both to full health. We are friends of Steve and Julie Vanker and believe that the Lord has us praying to lift you up. He is faithful and able to do more than we can ask or imagine.
praying, Carol Schuldt

ELAINECARTER said...

Please know that we, The Carters from MI...friends of Vankers, are praying for little Griffin and all your prayer concerns. May it bring you comfort to know many care and are taking you to our Father! What a beautiful family you have been blessed with! "In Him" Al and Elaine

 
hinger happenings