My Frustrations His Faithfulness

Monday, January 26, 2009

Not sure if everyone has heard but Griffin's right lung has totally expanded and the atalectisis (partially collapsed lung) is completely cleared up. This is a huge praise report and a testimony of God's faithfulness. Now he is ready for surgery and we are still waiting to find out when the surgery is going to be. Please pray that we will get that scheduled soon so that we can continue down this road.

As most of you have heard i got really sick Saturday night. Fever, sore throat, chills, aching all over, etc. all your typical cold/flu symptoms. I am still under the weather and unable to go to the hospital to visit Griffin. This has been the most difficult part of this whole process, not being able to be by his side. As any parent would, my desire is to be by his side and never leave. Having the nurse tell me to "stay away" brought an instant flood of tears and a feeling of complete helplessness. It has caused me to look to the Lord even more so and trust in him. I have had a realization that ultimately Christ is the centerpiece of our family and not me. I am completely dependent on Him. It has also been very difficult for Amber being the lone support for him and not having me there. Please lift her up in your prayers that she may have strength and peace while I am recovering.

It has been a huge blessing to see how many people have written and said that they have been praying. Even though I can't write back to each of you individually please know that with every note comes great encouragement for both Amber and I.

Isaiah 41:10,13 says "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand....For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, 'Fear not, I am the one who helps you.'"

I am so thankful that I can have hope in a God who is bigger then any situation we face.

thank you all

0 comments:

 
hinger happenings